Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

junk emails which come only to my iphone

I receive a large number of similar looking junk emails to my apple mail app only on my iPhone. They do not come to my email accounts (yahoo and gmail). They also do not come to my iPad or Mac Mini. I tried designating some of them as junk, to no effect. I suspect it might be some kind of malware. The emails are mostly random ads.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 11:53 AM

Hello JayMT,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with unwanted email on your iPhone. We are happy to share information that may help.

Check to see if you have an account added to your iPhone that you may be unaware of. You can do that by navigating to Settings > Passwords & Accounts. Check to see that you recognize all the accounts listed there. If you don't recognize an account, you'll want to delete it.

You can also block senders. Check out the "Block senders" section of this article for the steps: Use mailboxes to organize email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2020 11:53 AM in response to JayMT

Hello JayMT,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with unwanted email on your iPhone. We are happy to share information that may help.

Check to see if you have an account added to your iPhone that you may be unaware of. You can do that by navigating to Settings > Passwords & Accounts. Check to see that you recognize all the accounts listed there. If you don't recognize an account, you'll want to delete it.

You can also block senders. Check out the "Block senders" section of this article for the steps: Use mailboxes to organize email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Take care.

Jul 10, 2020 12:39 PM in response to JayMT

I found an account called Red Alerts Emergency and shut that off. We’ll see. The others are iCloud, Gmail and Yahoo! I’ll delete the messages I have and see if they stop. I was getting dozens of those messages per day. Thank you.

Update. It looks like they are gone! I did not need to delete them all.

junk emails which come only to my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.