Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch & Spotify

Sorry but I’m a little confused. If I go for the series 5 watch with GPS/Cellular functionality can I stream Spotify via the watch while leaving the iPhone at home. I’m really looking to understand if this can help me with Gym / running etc. Little confused as to if this will actually work! Thanks in advance

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 2:01 PM

That is correct. Spotify has not created an Apple Watch app to support streaming and they do not offer off-line playlists that can be transferred to the Apple Watch.

Pandora and Apple Music do offer these services.

The only think Spotify has done is create a Spotify iPhone remote control app for the Apple Watch. Meaning you do not need to pull your iPhone playing Spotify out of your pocket. But that is the extent that Spotify has acknowledged the Apple Watch.

If you Google you may find hacks that might allow you to transfer offline Spotify music to the Apple Watch, but it is not supported.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 2:01 PM in response to Doyles11

That is correct. Spotify has not created an Apple Watch app to support streaming and they do not offer off-line playlists that can be transferred to the Apple Watch.

Pandora and Apple Music do offer these services.

The only think Spotify has done is create a Spotify iPhone remote control app for the Apple Watch. Meaning you do not need to pull your iPhone playing Spotify out of your pocket. But that is the extent that Spotify has acknowledged the Apple Watch.

If you Google you may find hacks that might allow you to transfer offline Spotify music to the Apple Watch, but it is not supported.

Apple Watch & Spotify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.