Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad video recording vs Iphone.

My iPhone 6 plus video is 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps & My iPad (2018) is  1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec. Which one would give me a better quality in video recording.Will 60fps make a big difference compared to 30 fps for an indoor video recording?

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 11:19 AM

Frame rate does not affect the quality of the video. For example, a 1080p video with 60fps (Frames Per Second) and a 1080p video with 60fps, they both have the same quality although they may be different devices. The only difference is the 60fps video being smoother than the 30fps video. The higher the frame rate, the smoother the video. Frame rate may not be relevant to you, but both devices on 1080p despite the frame rate have the same quality.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 11:19 AM in response to Ministrel

Frame rate does not affect the quality of the video. For example, a 1080p video with 60fps (Frames Per Second) and a 1080p video with 60fps, they both have the same quality although they may be different devices. The only difference is the 60fps video being smoother than the 30fps video. The higher the frame rate, the smoother the video. Frame rate may not be relevant to you, but both devices on 1080p despite the frame rate have the same quality.

Ipad video recording vs Iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.