Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the fan immediately come on when I start my MacBook Air, even if it's been shutdown for more than 18 hours?

Why does the fan immediately come on when I start my MacBook Air, even if it's been shutdown for more than 18 hours? The fan stays on; it does not turn off. I tried restarting it and shutting it down, again; but the fan is still there. Why?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 2:00 PM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2020 7:51 PM in response to neuroanatomist

Thank you, "neuroanatomist," for taking time to respond; I appreciate it. At first glance, I did not find anything using too much power, but I honestly did not know what all those numbers meant/mean.

Based on your given steps, I searched apple.support.com for "Activity Monitor." There is a guide! I am going to go through the guide and then go back to the Activity Monitor.

Thanks again!

Why does the fan immediately come on when I start my MacBook Air, even if it's been shutdown for more than 18 hours?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.