Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to add a device to my account

You mean there is no known data base on how to add a device? Ok so we have a mini it was on the wife's old account took it off. Reset all data in Mini Pad started sign in and it want authentication from cell name that was created by iTunes in a data upload of music. Phone rename to that on the account now the old name is what comes up and no code and codes created from iPhone on account they don't work and we receive notice use code from other apple phone. I have an 11 Pro and there are no codes there. I believe the data base has not been correctly purged and have been unable to manage device to that level as yet. Where is that switch anyway.

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 4:38 PM

mickie3232 Said:

"how to add a device to my account: You mean there is no known data base on how to add a device? Ok so we have a mini it was on the wife's old account took it off[...]"

-------

• If transferring this device to a new account, use this link:

What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch - Apple Support

• If you need to get messages, using this link:

Set up Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple ID - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 4:38 PM in response to mickie3232

mickie3232 Said:

"how to add a device to my account: You mean there is no known data base on how to add a device? Ok so we have a mini it was on the wife's old account took it off[...]"

-------

• If transferring this device to a new account, use this link:

What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch - Apple Support

• If you need to get messages, using this link:

Set up Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple ID - Apple Support

how to add a device to my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.