Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Pop Up During Reinstall MacOS

I tried to erase my hard drive & reinstall MacOS (which I have done before & it worked just fine) & now when I try to reinstall MacOS an error message pops up. I tried restarting the computer & reinstalling & instead of it being the usual MacOS Catalina, it was MacOS Sierra & error messages are still popping up. Even the Disk Utility is listing new things it hasn’t listed before on the left hand side under Internal & Disk Images. Normally it just has Macintosh HD under Internal & I believe MacOS Base System under Disk Images. I don’t know what the heck to do from here.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 1:09 PM

That screenshot is not correct for a startup disk that has been properly erased.

I tried to erase my hard drive & reinstall MacOS (which I have done before & it worked just fine)

I understand. Things have changed since then. To erase your Mac's startup disk, first follow these instructions: How to erase a disk for Mac - Apple Support. You will be following the first set of instructions—the ones under How to erase your disk.

Step 7 includes instructions to reinstall macOS. Be sure to read the macOS Recovery exceptions in that document and understand its implications.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 1:09 PM in response to vefm

That screenshot is not correct for a startup disk that has been properly erased.

I tried to erase my hard drive & reinstall MacOS (which I have done before & it worked just fine)

I understand. Things have changed since then. To erase your Mac's startup disk, first follow these instructions: How to erase a disk for Mac - Apple Support. You will be following the first set of instructions—the ones under How to erase your disk.

Step 7 includes instructions to reinstall macOS. Be sure to read the macOS Recovery exceptions in that document and understand its implications.

Error Pop Up During Reinstall MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.