Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I update my 3rd generation apple tv on my mac

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 6:44 AM

You can update the Apple TV (3rd generation) on the device itself. How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

The current version system software is v7.5, since 2020-03-24. Higher versions of the Apple TV software are not compatible with this model.

You can “restore” the system software through a Mac. This should only be needed if operation through the menu on the device is not available. Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 6:44 AM in response to stephensantfant

You can update the Apple TV (3rd generation) on the device itself. How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

The current version system software is v7.5, since 2020-03-24. Higher versions of the Apple TV software are not compatible with this model.

You can “restore” the system software through a Mac. This should only be needed if operation through the menu on the device is not available. Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.