You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I view my entire call log on iCloud? I know Apple backs this up.

I know Apple backs up a 1000 call log to the iCloud when backups are activated.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT207729

I can only see the last 100 recent calls on my iphone.

How can I access my full call log through iCloud?

There are no icons on the iCloud interface to see the call log.

My carrier only shows calls I have made - not incoming calls, which is what I need to see.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250641883

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 7:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 8:56 PM

Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful.

I tried using iExplorer directly on the iPhoneX and it could retrieve 230 calls in and out, but I need a list of calls going back a month further. A search of an iTunes back up was not successful as the last backup was recent and was not much different to that on my phone currently and the next backup was before the date of the call history I am looking for.

I tried deleting some recent call history on my phone to see if there were further records and there are only the same 230 calls that iExplorer could find on my phone.

PhoneView looks like a good app, but only for backing up call history from the installation date and not for restrospective problems.

I'll look into some call log restoration software. Any solid recommendations?

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2020 8:56 PM in response to Michael Black

Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful.

I tried using iExplorer directly on the iPhoneX and it could retrieve 230 calls in and out, but I need a list of calls going back a month further. A search of an iTunes back up was not successful as the last backup was recent and was not much different to that on my phone currently and the next backup was before the date of the call history I am looking for.

I tried deleting some recent call history on my phone to see if there were further records and there are only the same 230 calls that iExplorer could find on my phone.

PhoneView looks like a good app, but only for backing up call history from the installation date and not for restrospective problems.

I'll look into some call log restoration software. Any solid recommendations?

Jul 4, 2020 8:40 PM in response to KASCom

I have never used any of the apps that extract your call log for printing or saving, but there are such Apps for both MacOS and Windows. I believe they extract the phone call logs as well as messages for archiving on your computer for record keeping or printing. You’d have to get disciplined at regularly extracting the call log to not miss any as it gets over 100 and oldest are purged, but it could be an option going forward to keep records.

The only software I know by name that does this is iExplorer or PhoneView (for MacOS only). But there are a few others I believe. Most seem to offer free time limited trials before you buy, and they are not expensive software (PhoneView is ~$30 USD).

Jul 4, 2020 8:29 PM in response to Michael Black

Thanks for your reply, it was helpful.

I live in Australia. I asked the mobile carrier why they could not show me my incoming calls and they said it was due to privacy issues - they don't retain that information, the caller carrier retains that information.

Bills only show outgoing calls as that is the service provided by the carrier.

Jul 4, 2020 8:18 PM in response to KASCom

No, Apple does not back up your call log. You do. But iOS only shows the 100 most recent. And the only way to see anything in a backup is to restore it to an iOS device. But other than the 100 most recent nothing past that is stored on the device or anywhere else to see. You would need to access your account with your carrier to see your complete calling history. If your carrier doesn’t show incoming (which seems really strange to me - I’ve used Sprint, Alltel, T-mobile and AT&T over the last 20 years and my bills always including incoming and outgoing calls) - then there won’t be any record of them to view beyond the 100 most recent on the device.

Does your carrier give any reason why you cannot see incoming calls? They have to know what those were as well as the time date and duration of each one - their hardware routed those calls to your number. Most carriers seem to limit how far back you can go, but it’s usually a couple or several years worth.

How can I view my entire call log on iCloud? I know Apple backs this up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.