Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating from Logic Pro X 10.4.4 to 10.5

Currently using Logic Pro X 10.4.4 on a late 2015 iMac running macOS 10.13.6 with lots of plugins (Waves, NI Kontakt, lots more...) and quite happy. Have ordered a new iMac which will have Catalina pre-installed. I've saved current version of Logic and am hoping to install it on new machine, but can't find a way to update without buying Logic Pro X 10.5.

Any suggestions are most welcome, as are tips and warnings from anyone using the newest version and OS. Thanks!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 12:08 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 5, 2020 4:57 PM in response to SouthsideHiHats

Thank you! I went back to the App Store and there was no Update available under the "Updates" category/menu, which logically (to me at least) that's where it should be. But after clicking on "Top Charts/Top Paid Apps", there was Logic Pro X sitting at #3, and the text on the grey bar was the word "update"! Hoping now that I saved my current version of Logic Pro X in a zip file, I can install that on the new iMac when it arrives. It would be nice to be able to go back to v10.4.4 if ever needed, and have 10.5 available as well. Hesitating to just hit the update button when that's done, as it could overwrite the older version, as opposed to downloading a disc image installer for 10.5. Has anyone gone through this process recently?

Updating from Logic Pro X 10.4.4 to 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.