Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sharing our music library

I want to be able to share music across my devices and my partners devices that we have already purchased (not apple, music purchased in the days before iPhones). I pay for I cloud storage and don't see why I should have to pay Apple to listen to music I have already bought.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 4:57 PM

bumble21 wrote:

I want to be able to share music across my devices and my partners devices that we have already purchased (not apple, music purchased in the days before iPhones). I pay for I cloud storage and don't see why I should have to pay Apple to listen to music I have already bought.

You only need to pay for Apple Music or iTunes Match if you wish to use an iCloud Music Library to stream your music to your devices using the internet. There is a cost to provide this additional service to you.

You can still sync your music to multiple devices using iTunes/Finder on a Mac/PC for free.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 4:57 PM in response to bumble21

bumble21 wrote:

You only need to pay for Apple Music or iTunes Match if you wish to use an iCloud Music Library to stream your music to your devices using the internet. There is a cost to provide this additional service to you.

You can still sync your music to multiple devices using iTunes/Finder on a Mac/PC for free.

sharing our music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.