Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone have experience with Signal as a secure messaging app?

I’m thinking about signal for messaging and was wondering if anything me had experience with end to end encrypted apps?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 3:08 AM

We are just users like you, and generally we give posters our comments/answers about Apple hardware or software products. I've never tried that 3rd party app, so I can't judge it. Perhaps some other fellow members here can share their experience about that.

Since the app you'd like to use is free, you could give it a try.

Regards

Giulio

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 3:08 AM in response to OrangeSun

We are just users like you, and generally we give posters our comments/answers about Apple hardware or software products. I've never tried that 3rd party app, so I can't judge it. Perhaps some other fellow members here can share their experience about that.

Since the app you'd like to use is free, you could give it a try.

Regards

Giulio

Jul 5, 2020 3:19 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Thank you very much. I do appreciate the posting tip, as I am new around here. If this is the kind of post we stay away from making, I’ll be conscious of that moving forward. Yes, I was hoping for some user personal experiences. I personally don’t like to download even free apps without a through investigation and now that I have been on here a few times I thought it might be a nice addition to my research. Their support team was very enthusiastic about their product and it is free but I’m willing to pay if needed. Tech publications give it a decent review. I’m also not versed enough for something overly complicated, so there’s that factor. :). I’ll keep my posts to more technical subjects in the future.

Jul 5, 2020 3:38 AM in response to ProustGiulio

https://vpnpro.com/messaging-apps/signal-review/

Here was one source I vetted with my laypersons ability. Just in case my post ended up peaking anyone’s interest for the same reason as mine. I would feel terrible if someone downloaded even a free app that’ didn’t perform well or caused device issues. You’re perfectly correct in pointing out that there are sources which are available for users to make free choices. Research is a good one if you then vet your sources also. Check, check and double check! But not on tech forums! Thank you. Good night :

Anyone have experience with Signal as a secure messaging app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.