Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers

How can I link cell values from one sheet to another ?

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 5:57 AM

Hi 333Putt,

Click once on the destination cell (the cell where you want to "pull" a value from another cell).

My destination cell is Table 1, cell B2 on Sheet 2.

Type the = sign to bring up the Formula Editor.

You can drag the Formula Editor to another position by placing the cursor over the left of the Formula Editor. The cursor will change to a "hand". Drag.

Navigate to the source table (it can be on the same Sheet or any Sheet).

My source cell (the cell from which I want to "pull" a value) is Table 1, cell B2 on Sheet 1.

Click on the source cell. Numbers will insert the reference to that cell.

If the tables have unique names within a document, Numbers does not need the Sheet name.

Click on the green tick on the right of the Formula Editor to confirm the formula and close the Formula Editor.

That takes the focus back to the destination Sheet and displays the result of the formula.

If you want to fill the formula down in Table 1 Column B on Sheet 2, hover the cursor over the bottom edge of B2 to see a yellow dot.

Drag the yellow dot down the column.

You can fill a formula down, up, right or left by hovering the cursor over the relevant edge of a cell to see the yellow dot.

More information in the Numbers Help Menu, or please call back with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 5:57 AM in response to 333Putt

Hi 333Putt,

Click once on the destination cell (the cell where you want to "pull" a value from another cell).

My destination cell is Table 1, cell B2 on Sheet 2.

Type the = sign to bring up the Formula Editor.

You can drag the Formula Editor to another position by placing the cursor over the left of the Formula Editor. The cursor will change to a "hand". Drag.

Navigate to the source table (it can be on the same Sheet or any Sheet).

My source cell (the cell from which I want to "pull" a value) is Table 1, cell B2 on Sheet 1.

Click on the source cell. Numbers will insert the reference to that cell.

If the tables have unique names within a document, Numbers does not need the Sheet name.

Click on the green tick on the right of the Formula Editor to confirm the formula and close the Formula Editor.

That takes the focus back to the destination Sheet and displays the result of the formula.

If you want to fill the formula down in Table 1 Column B on Sheet 2, hover the cursor over the bottom edge of B2 to see a yellow dot.

Drag the yellow dot down the column.

You can fill a formula down, up, right or left by hovering the cursor over the relevant edge of a cell to see the yellow dot.

More information in the Numbers Help Menu, or please call back with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.