Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant crashes on my MacBook Pro 16 inch

I have a new MacBook Pro. Purchased on line. I souped it up for college.

WHENN I OPEN MY McPro 16 inch, it should just need my finger print to run my programs. But no, it restarts. Look it happens all the time now. I called apple tech. On Hold forever. I got a guy who helped me unistall adobe products I no longer needed. That helped for a week. I called and talked to some tech guy who had no idea what the **** he was doing. I called the next day. Was on hold for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Got a lady who said they were aware of the poblem and to watch for new updaets. OK WTGF APPLE, that was two weeks ago. I EXPECT MORE FROM APPLE. I have had nothing but system isues since the launch of Catelina. You know I should change you for the times I sit on hold. There comes a point where I amnot making money cuz I cant get through to somshare. they ix the problem. The is ****. I am ******. I did not pay 41200 for a piecwe of ****.eone that can help me. I seriously know more than some of these so-called tech people. If I had to do it all over again.... I will get the phone number directly to the Apple Marketing area and each time I had a issue get some one in 2 minutes or less. Screen

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 5:09 AM

SDR1219 wrote: Constant crashes on my MacBook Pro 16 inch

WHENN I OPEN MY McPro 16 inch, it should just need my finger print to run my programs. But no, it restarts.

There is a known software issue that is being worked on by Apple engineers—

As a work-a-round

Did you try turning off the option Power Nap in the

>System Preferences>Energy Saver> both batt and the PowerAdapter

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 5:09 AM in response to SDR1219

SDR1219 wrote: Constant crashes on my MacBook Pro 16 inch

WHENN I OPEN MY McPro 16 inch, it should just need my finger print to run my programs. But no, it restarts.

There is a known software issue that is being worked on by Apple engineers—

As a work-a-round

Did you try turning off the option Power Nap in the

>System Preferences>Energy Saver> both batt and the PowerAdapter

Jul 5, 2020 6:51 AM in response to SDR1219

SDR1219 wrote:

I have called 3 times to apple. The last person I talked with said a new update will come soon and fix the issue.

Yes. The issue is being worked on.

Don't feel alone in this problem.

The other known work-a-round, only to try second, if the above recommendation does not work for you is then turn off Automatic graphic switching in the same preferences pain as well.

Jul 5, 2020 5:57 AM in response to leroydouglas

I am going to try this and then post feedback in the crashes from sleep mode continue. The forst person I got from tech support did a screen share. He went thru all the crash reports. A expert. He helped me delete a lot of Adobe programs I no longer needed. He though 'Appiture' was also making the crashes. Well that program is Mac Based and similar to Photoshop. I dont want to delete a program I always use and paid a lot for years ago.

But I will give this work around a try.

I am extremely frustiated. Every time now when I take my computer out of sleep mode it will restart.

I have called 3 times to apple. The last person I talked with said a new update will come soon and fix the issue. Well that call according to my log and noes as to who I spoeak with and how long- I was told this 2 weeks ago.

I have littterall wasted 5 hours of my personal time on hold waiting to talk to someone who cant sopeak english or give me a solution that works.

I spent 3900 for this new Mac 16 inch. It is a monster. I love it. But I have experieced so man y isses since my purch date end of Dec 2019. I have NEVER seen so many issues with Apple and I know we are in the world of COVID19. But still. I am not happy. I expect more. WAY MORE

Jul 6, 2020 11:44 AM in response to SDR1219

Here is an update- I tried what you suggested. I use my MacPro 6 inch all the time. I love the speed. I love what I can do as far as putting data together with my teams when we make music or do a shoot. However, the suggested you gave me maybe works evry other time. So it slowed it down some. But since I am always on the go. Closing and opening. PLaying sometyhing on my bluetooth for my class on my pc- it restarts from when I close it or has gone to sleep.

This computer is super lightening fast. I love this baby. the data it hands and speed is crazy.

But I have neverhad so many issues on a new Mac ever.

I am thankful it's start up is super fast! lol.

Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it. So does my class today. But it still crashes a lot

Problem(Again)- if my computer goes into sleep mode I have to do a hard reset evry other time. If I close my MacPro 16 inch and open it, I have to do a hard reset. This problem first appeared awhile back. I did a screen share with tech support that took forever to get thru too. We found the problem to be with ADOBE cloud software. So we delete those programs. We found that was a fix. After 3 day it just started up again and got to where it was a few times to evrytime. now it is half the time. Apple twch on my 3rd call said they are 'Aware of the problem and a fix will be coming soon and I need to update my computer and that will take care of the proboem'.

Well here we are 3-4 weeks later. No update. Problem worse. I hate to call for support. I hate sitting on hold forever. And I am teaching again and bla bla bla.

Jul 6, 2020 3:16 PM in response to SDR1219

SDR1219 wrote:

Here is an update- I tried what you suggested. I use my MacPro 6 inch all the time. I love the speed. I love what I can do as far as putting data together with my teams when we make music or do a shoot. However, the suggested you gave me maybe works evry other time. So it slowed it down some. But since I am always on the go. Closing and opening. PLaying sometyhing on my bluetooth for my class on my pc- it restarts from when I close it or has gone to sleep.

This computer is super lightening fast. I love this baby. the data it hands and speed is crazy.

But I have neverhad so many issues on a new Mac ever.

I am thankful it's start up is super fast! lol.

Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it. So does my class today. But it still crashes a lot

Problem(Again)- if my computer goes into sleep mode I have to do a hard reset evry other time. If I close my MacPro 16 inch and open it, I have to do a hard reset. This problem first appeared awhile back. I did a screen share with tech support that took forever to get thru too. We found the problem to be with ADOBE cloud software. So we delete those programs. We found that was a fix. After 3 day it just started up again and got to where it was a few times to evrytime. now it is half the time. Apple twch on my 3rd call said they are 'Aware of the problem and a fix will be coming soon and I need to update my computer and that will take care of the proboem'.

Well here we are 3-4 weeks later. No update. Problem worse. I hate to call for support. I hate sitting on hold forever. And I am teaching again and bla bla bla.

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753) 

Constant crashes on my MacBook Pro 16 inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.