Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri can't find my music

Problem repeating.
After working ok for some time.
Siri is working, but can’t find my music.
I have followed all the usual things:

All up to date
Unplugged speakers
Unplugged wi fi
Reset/restart all speakers
Return to factory settings
Restart, reset
Checked account id in iTunes account
Checked all purchased

Can only use airplay/handover for my music.

I don’t think chatting to anyone will help. My faith in Siri has gone. Just ok for checking the weather etc.

Can you suggest something I may have missed ?

Thanks
Steve Bevan

Sent this to Apple support, but not getting any response.

Any suggestions ?

Steve

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 7:59 AM

See this page Use multiuser on HomePod - Apple Support and locate the Recognize my voice control under Home > Home Settings > People > {Your ID}. Turn this control off if it is on. It clearly works to allow multiple Apple Music users to use a HomePod, but with iTunes Match it can prevent you accessing your library, even if you are the only user set up with the Home account.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 7:59 AM in response to Steve from Wales

See this page Use multiuser on HomePod - Apple Support and locate the Recognize my voice control under Home > Home Settings > People > {Your ID}. Turn this control off if it is on. It clearly works to allow multiple Apple Music users to use a HomePod, but with iTunes Match it can prevent you accessing your library, even if you are the only user set up with the Home account.

tt2

Jul 5, 2020 10:38 AM in response to Steve from Wales

You're welcome. 🙂

If Recognize my voice isn't turned on then Siri will treat everyone who speaks equally, although personal requests will only be accepted if your device is present in the home. With it active it should be able to access individual householder's libraries on demand, and presumably not mix up personal requests. I'm not in a position to test as my wife doesn't have an iOS device so mine is the only voice Siri can recognise for such actions, and music is only active for my Apple ID.

tt2

Siri can't find my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.