Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

security

what is best security software for IMac to get rid of malware, specifically search marquis?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 3:02 PM

Laughonahan wrote:

If this malware is already on my computer, what are my options?

Then download and run the free version of Malwarebytes. It was developed by a long time contributor to these forums and a highly respected member of the computer security community. 

For future protection read this user tip: Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community   

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 3:02 PM in response to Laughonahan

Laughonahan wrote:

If this malware is already on my computer, what are my options?

Then download and run the free version of Malwarebytes. It was developed by a long time contributor to these forums and a highly respected member of the computer security community. 

For future protection read this user tip: Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community   

Jul 5, 2020 1:04 PM in response to Laughonahan

You already have the best, Mac OSX. Any third-party "security" or "cleaning" software will degrade performance and stability as it competes with Apple's built-in protection.

The only exception is Malwarebyes (https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/) which is very nice to have if you are an inattentive web surfer and end up on a site that gives you adware.

security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.