Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 speaker distortion

I have a 1 week old iPhone 11, and since I started using it, the earpiece speaker sounds distorted. It has a crackling noise clearly visible during normal conversations. Anyone else had the same issues?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 9:14 PM

This worked for me on my iPhone11 Pro Max,

take a small piece of tape, I used electrical tape, and cover the top speaker. Now use a paper clip to gently press the tape on the speaker. Any dirt that is the speaker should stick to the tape. Remove the tape and the speaker should sound normal.

2 replies

Jul 9, 2020 9:14 AM in response to Ernstig83

Hello Ernstig83,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your question that your speakers are distorted on your device. We can certainly help you with this!

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

iPhone 11 speaker distortion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.