Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was forced to change password due to someone reading my personal information

I refuse to purchase another phone when this one it's not even a year old. I have done everything I been told to reset my cell phone because it got disabled. I was forced to change password due to someone reading my personal information on it. Now I can't use it?? What type of scam it's this run by Apple. This is my first and last Apple product I get. I have never had problems with the Androids phones. This is beyong stupid!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 3:55 PM

I suspect the scam was the message to reset your cell phone. No one can read your personal information on your phone. If you clicked a link in that message and changed your password now you have REAL problems. Whoever the criminal was who sent you that message now owns your phone.

See this Apple support article—>Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

But first you can try contacting Apple’s account security team—>Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 3:55 PM in response to Iphone6spluss

I suspect the scam was the message to reset your cell phone. No one can read your personal information on your phone. If you clicked a link in that message and changed your password now you have REAL problems. Whoever the criminal was who sent you that message now owns your phone.

See this Apple support article—>Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

But first you can try contacting Apple’s account security team—>Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

I was forced to change password due to someone reading my personal information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.