Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with my Apple tv

Hello!

I was going to Connect my Apple TV to my reciever but it wont connect some how! It says that it cant find the HDMI input! My TV is connected to the receiver and then it goes from the receiever to my Apple TV. If I turn everything on it still wont work! Try to restart the system and everything but nothing. I took the HDMI kabel from my Apple TV and put it Into my PlayStation 4 Console and it worked! But when i try to put it right back at my Apple TV then it wont work. If i stick the HDMI-kabel From the Apple TV and right into my TV then it work but it wont work if i put it through the receiver. It seems like my Apple TV dont like my receiver and dont accepted the connection between them. Do you got any advice? Is it som special settings for this ?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 12:29 AM

Depending on the model of your receiver, you may need to enable a pass-through button or setting. Are you getting sound on the receiver when the AppleTV is on?

Also, it never hurts to double check the direction you have the cables patched into the receiver. (For example, the Apple TV > going to the input on the receiver; Then the output on the receiver > going to your display TV)

It sounded reversed from the way you described it in your post, so just checking.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 12:29 AM in response to Andrea-s1986

Depending on the model of your receiver, you may need to enable a pass-through button or setting. Are you getting sound on the receiver when the AppleTV is on?

Also, it never hurts to double check the direction you have the cables patched into the receiver. (For example, the Apple TV > going to the input on the receiver; Then the output on the receiver > going to your display TV)

It sounded reversed from the way you described it in your post, so just checking.

Problem with my Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.