Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Photo Library to iCloud

This may be quite a simple question and one that I'm a bit ashamed for asking but how do I upload 14k worth of pics to my iCloud? I've changed the settings for my photo library with the 14k pics to use iCloud but my iCloud is not showing the pics or showing that they are uploading. Am I missing some sort of setting change? I just recently upgraded my storage so now I want all my photos to be stored on my iCloud. Do I have to select all of the photos in my photo library and then drag to the iCloud window?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 3:43 PM

No. They should begin to sync automatically when you turn the option on. See below from Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

On your Mac, go to System Preferences > Apple ID. Click iCloud in the sidebar, then select Photos. If you have an earlier version of macOS, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Click Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photos.

The upload status should show on your Mac; open the Photos app on the Mac, click Photos at the very top of the sidebar, scroll to the bottom of the main window to see the status.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 3:43 PM in response to MeLmac808

No. They should begin to sync automatically when you turn the option on. See below from Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

On your Mac, go to System Preferences > Apple ID. Click iCloud in the sidebar, then select Photos. If you have an earlier version of macOS, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Click Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photos.

The upload status should show on your Mac; open the Photos app on the Mac, click Photos at the very top of the sidebar, scroll to the bottom of the main window to see the status.

iMac Photo Library to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.