Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn two-step verification off

how to tie a two-step verification off Apple ID

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 4:53 PM

If your truly still using the legacy 2 step verification system -> Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support (I.e. not the current 2 factor authentication system -> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support) then follow the directions from that first link.

”How do I turn off two-step verification?

Make sure that you're still signed in to iCloud on each of your devices. You might be asked for your Apple ID password.

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. In the Security section, Click Edit.
  3. Click Turn Off two-step verification. Click again to confirm.
  4. Create new security questions and verify your date of birth.

You'll get an email confirming that two-step verification for your Apple ID is off.”

But if using account features that now require 2 factor authentication (iCloud Keychain, messages in iCloud, Apple Pay, home kit, etc) you may only be allowed to change 2 step verification to 2 factor authentication and not completely remove 2 factor logins for your AppleID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 4:53 PM in response to bandrunnag5

If your truly still using the legacy 2 step verification system -> Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support (I.e. not the current 2 factor authentication system -> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support) then follow the directions from that first link.

”How do I turn off two-step verification?

Make sure that you're still signed in to iCloud on each of your devices. You might be asked for your Apple ID password.

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. In the Security section, Click Edit.
  3. Click Turn Off two-step verification. Click again to confirm.
  4. Create new security questions and verify your date of birth.

You'll get an email confirming that two-step verification for your Apple ID is off.”

But if using account features that now require 2 factor authentication (iCloud Keychain, messages in iCloud, Apple Pay, home kit, etc) you may only be allowed to change 2 step verification to 2 factor authentication and not completely remove 2 factor logins for your AppleID.

How to turn two-step verification off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.