Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Etrecheck Report on 32 bit aps on iMac

I upgraded to Catalina a few days ago and everything seems to be running fine. (I delayed Catalina for so long as I knew I would lose iPhoto). But I had of course moved all the images to Photos although there may still be a bug or two to fix there.

I just ran the Etrecheck program just to see if it found anything of interest. It did find about 50+ 32bit apps - many (but not all) seem to be related to support for earlier printers.

Since Catalina won't run any of these apps should I just go into the Finder and Delete them all or should each be checked somehow to see if they should remain even tho they can't be of any use in catalina.

Thanks

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 7:45 PM

As Catalina does not run 32bit apps then you may as well delete them.

This app is better at discovering your 32bit apps or apps with 32bit elements.

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/

Once run you can highlight each of the apps to see where they are stored and any other information.

You can also click on the developers website to see if they have a 64bit update for the app.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 7:45 PM in response to samson16

As Catalina does not run 32bit apps then you may as well delete them.

This app is better at discovering your 32bit apps or apps with 32bit elements.

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/

Once run you can highlight each of the apps to see where they are stored and any other information.

You can also click on the developers website to see if they have a 64bit update for the app.

Etrecheck Report on 32 bit aps on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.