Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closing multiple safari pages

I double clicked on the home button of my iPad Pro and noticed that I have 12 safari pages open. 7 don’t have any websites in search bar. How do I close all of the Safari pages?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 8:20 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2020 10:56 AM in response to djake1107

As described, you have 12 separate Safari “spaces” (i.e., instances) open on your iPad.

If any of the open Safari spaces appear to be blank/empty, this simply indicates that the page hasn’t been cached. Opening the blank Safari instance - and refreshing the page - will refresh the cached page.

If you instead wish to close one or more if your open Safari instances - from the Task Switcher (which you can access with a double-click if the Home button - or by swiping-up from the bottom edge of the screen and briefly pausing before lifting your finger) simply swipe the window corresponding with the unwanted App instance off the top of the screen.

I hope this clarification and guidance is helpful in resolving any issues that you perceive.

Closing multiple safari pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.