Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods 2019 mic noise on Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype

Hello.

I have this strange problem. When I use the AirPods on my mac, and try calling people on Zoom or others, they hear my voice (coming from the airpods mic) very unclear, as if I was sitting in a sewer. I also hear some noise in the headphones' speakers. When I change in the communicator settings to use the airpods just to listen, and the mac internal mic to record, the noise stops and the people can hear me normally.

But this does not occur on the iphone when calling, using FaceTime, Messenger, etc.

I'm kinda hopeless. Does this mean that these apps (Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype) have problems operating with the airpods?

Thanks a lot

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 1:36 AM

Thanks for the quick response. Regrettably, this is not the case, this advice is too generic.

I have the latest software and as I said, it happens with Zoom (desktop app), Google Hangouts (on Safari), Skype (desktop app), etc.

I'm thinking maybe it's the case of the software. Maybe somebody had the same issue?

Thanks in advance

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2020 1:36 AM in response to QuickPost

Thanks for the quick response. Regrettably, this is not the case, this advice is too generic.

I have the latest software and as I said, it happens with Zoom (desktop app), Google Hangouts (on Safari), Skype (desktop app), etc.

I'm thinking maybe it's the case of the software. Maybe somebody had the same issue?

Thanks in advance

AirPods 2019 mic noise on Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.