Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes app/ Apple Music keeps operating on its own.

I've been having problems with the Apple Music app. It will pop-up on its own and start playing a song. Sometimes it will jump back and forth on its own between different tracks even when the music is not done. I tried methods that were given which was trying my computer with the safe/secure mode. (The thing where you press Shift in the beginning before you log in.) I went through the system preference to see if any of my settings were set to trigger the app but nothing related to music was checked. And every single day the amount of problems relating to this is getting more frequent. As soon as I quit the app it pops-up right back. I tried to update all the softwares but it didn't help. I wanted to uninstall apple music but can find a way to do so. I really need help on this. iTunes popping up every single time while working is driving me crazy. Thank you. I have a Macbook Pro(2015)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 3:53 PM

Hey hyu160,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We see from your post that you're having trouble with your Apple Music app. We'd love to help out.

Are you using any headphones or EarPods with your Mac when you notice this happening?

Let's have you boot the Mac into a new user account and see if the issue persists there.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 3:53 PM in response to hyu160

Hey hyu160,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We see from your post that you're having trouble with your Apple Music app. We'd love to help out.

Are you using any headphones or EarPods with your Mac when you notice this happening?

Let's have you boot the Mac into a new user account and see if the issue persists there.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers!

iTunes app/ Apple Music keeps operating on its own.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.