Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has my Apple/ICloud account been hacked?

I just received a call from Apple informing me that my account has been hacked. The guy sounded legit and told me to download the app entitled “team support”. I downloaded the app but didn’t open it because it said something about team sharing. At that point I hung up and deleted the app from my iPhone. Am I okay? Do I have anything to worry about?

under devices it knew says unknown host. What is this?

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 11:15 AM

Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is rarely the number actually originating the call. The number is usually spoofed.

If you downloaded the Team Support app from the App Store but didn't open it and didn't give the caller any information you should be OK.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 11:15 AM in response to Calese

Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is rarely the number actually originating the call. The number is usually spoofed.

If you downloaded the Team Support app from the App Store but didn't open it and didn't give the caller any information you should be OK.

Has my Apple/ICloud account been hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.