Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync contacts on iphone6 to macbookpro 2010 running OS 10.13.6 please?

How do I sync contacts from my iphone 6SE IOS 13.5.1 to macbookpro 2010 running OS 10.13.6 High Sierra please?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 9:10 AM

Hi andysam861,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you need some help syncing your iPhone contacts with your MacBook.

iCloud Contacts may be what you are looking for.

"Set up iCloud Contacts

When you turn on iCloud Contacts, all of the information* stored on separate devices uploads to iCloud. If you turn off iCloud Contacts, your information won't automatically move from iCloud back to your device.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. Turn on Contacts.
  3. When you're asked if you want to Merge or Cancel, tap Merge.

All of the information stored in Contacts uploads to iCloud.

On your Mac

1. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. If you’re using macOS Mojave or earlier, you don’t need to click Apple ID.
  2. Click iCloud.
  3. Select Contacts.

All of the information* stored in Contacts uploads to iCloud.

* If you have contacts information stored On My Mac, that information will not automatically sync. In Contacts, drag a contact from On My Mac to All iCloud, or export your contacts as Vcards, then manually sync with the Finder. "

You'll find the above information within the resource linked below.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 9:10 AM in response to andysam861

Hi andysam861,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you need some help syncing your iPhone contacts with your MacBook.

iCloud Contacts may be what you are looking for.

"Set up iCloud Contacts

When you turn on iCloud Contacts, all of the information* stored on separate devices uploads to iCloud. If you turn off iCloud Contacts, your information won't automatically move from iCloud back to your device.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. Turn on Contacts.
  3. When you're asked if you want to Merge or Cancel, tap Merge.

All of the information stored in Contacts uploads to iCloud.

On your Mac

1. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. If you’re using macOS Mojave or earlier, you don’t need to click Apple ID.
  2. Click iCloud.
  3. Select Contacts.

All of the information* stored in Contacts uploads to iCloud.

* If you have contacts information stored On My Mac, that information will not automatically sync. In Contacts, drag a contact from On My Mac to All iCloud, or export your contacts as Vcards, then manually sync with the Finder. "

You'll find the above information within the resource linked below.

Cheers!

How do I sync contacts on iphone6 to macbookpro 2010 running OS 10.13.6 please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.