Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible fraudulent phone calls

I received a phone call on my iPhone X this morning with an automated voice telling me not to do anything on my iPhone or iPad as there were strong suspicions that my iCloud account had been breached. The phone number coming in on caller id is ***-***-5954. Unfortunately, I did not get the number that the voice told me to call. Anyway, is this the way Apple would notify a customer; does this number mean anything to anyone here?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 11:40 AM

Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is rarely the number actually originating the call. The number is usually spoofed.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 11:40 AM in response to Oldgeekette

Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is rarely the number actually originating the call. The number is usually spoofed.

Jul 7, 2020 12:18 PM in response to Oldgeekette

I have received 3 similar calls on my iPhone today with an automated voice telling me not to do anything on any of my Apple devices as my iCloud account had been breached. The automated voice was coming from 757-****-3876, 757-****-3694 and 757-****-5544. All 3 calls on my caller id said they were from Williamsburg, VA. Since I am in Fredericksburg, VA that made some sense. They wanted me to hit #1 to talk to their support or to call 208-****-0000 for their Apple Support Advisor. Has anyone found out anything about these calls?

[Edited by Moderator]

Possible fraudulent phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.