Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Default Transition Duration

Hello,

I've created a couple of transitions in Motion that I've published to FCPX. For whatever reason, when I go to add the transition, it always defaults to be really short - like less than a second - regardless of how long I made the transition in Motion. Is this something that I can change on FCPX's end? Is it something I'm doing wrong when publishing the transition from Motion?

Thanks,

-Tom

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 11:37 PM

There is a setting in Motion. Select the Project Layer then in the Inspector > Properties, you will find an option to Override FCP Duration. That will force your Motion transition template to attempt to apply itself at exactly the length you designed it for. It works as long as there is enough media on both sides to accommodate it, otherwise, it will default to "best fit".

This option also overrides your FCPX preference for transition length.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 11:37 PM in response to capnhaggis

There is a setting in Motion. Select the Project Layer then in the Inspector > Properties, you will find an option to Override FCP Duration. That will force your Motion transition template to attempt to apply itself at exactly the length you designed it for. It works as long as there is enough media on both sides to accommodate it, otherwise, it will default to "best fit".

This option also overrides your FCPX preference for transition length.

Default Transition Duration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.