Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LG 27MD5KL color temperature slightly off relative to connected iMac

I just connected an LG 27MD5KL monitor to my iMac and the color temperature is slightly warm compared to the iMac. I've played with alternative profiles for the LG, but they don't improve the color temp match. I cannot figure out how to adjust the color temperature of the LG. Has anyone managed to do this? Thanks.

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 2:32 PM

Just figured it out! In System Preferences/Displays, in the LG Ultra Fine dialog box, select the Color tab and click on Calibrate. Uncheck Use Native White Point and set the white point so that the color temperature on the LG matches the iMac. Then give this new profile a name. It will then always appear in your list of Display profiles--though I don't think I'll ever revert to the default profile since it's much nicer having the colors look the same on the two monitors.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 2:32 PM in response to daniel5577

Just figured it out! In System Preferences/Displays, in the LG Ultra Fine dialog box, select the Color tab and click on Calibrate. Uncheck Use Native White Point and set the white point so that the color temperature on the LG matches the iMac. Then give this new profile a name. It will then always appear in your list of Display profiles--though I don't think I'll ever revert to the default profile since it's much nicer having the colors look the same on the two monitors.

LG 27MD5KL color temperature slightly off relative to connected iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.