Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you set up a password for your backup

I just bought a new iphone and am trying to restore the backup from my old phone. It asked me for my password in order for the backup to restore, but I never created a password and tried everything.

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 3:07 PM

avacbee wrote:

I just bought a new iphone and am trying to restore the backup from my old phone. It asked me for my password in order for the backup to restore, but I never created a password and tried everything.

Assume you are referring to an encrypted iTunes backup.

Somebody created an encryption password. It can't be done by accident. It needs to be entered into 2 separate dialog boxes.

You get an unlimited number of attempts. Without it the backup is useless.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 3:07 PM in response to avacbee

avacbee wrote:

Assume you are referring to an encrypted iTunes backup.

Somebody created an encryption password. It can't be done by accident. It needs to be entered into 2 separate dialog boxes.

You get an unlimited number of attempts. Without it the backup is useless.

how do you set up a password for your backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.