Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone calls about ICloud being breached

Hi, I keep recieving phone calls about my iCloud Account being breached but I’m not sure if the call is a scam or legitimate? I haven’t answered the calls but they have been leaving voicemails. Please help !

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 4:12 PM

The 408 numbers are spoofed and aren't the actual numbers originating the call. One reason they keep changing them is so you can't block their number.

What is completely effective for me is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. If the number isn't in your contacts, your phone doesn't ring. They can still leave a voice mail. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 4:12 PM in response to Jessica1585

The 408 numbers are spoofed and aren't the actual numbers originating the call. One reason they keep changing them is so you can't block their number.

What is completely effective for me is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. If the number isn't in your contacts, your phone doesn't ring. They can still leave a voice mail. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Jul 7, 2020 3:34 PM in response to Jessica1585

They are scams. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is rarely the number actually originating the call. The number is usually spoofed.

Jul 7, 2020 4:06 PM in response to FoxFifth

This what the voicemail transcripted : “

That your iCloud account has been breached before using any Apple device please contact Apple support advisor press one to connect with Apple support advisor press two to listen to this message again or if you wish to contact us later please call us on our toll-free number 208-262-0000 thank you…”

Is there a way where i can prevent them from keep calling me because I’ve been receiving calls all day from different numbers with the same area code number that starts off with

1+(408)- 735

Phone calls about ICloud being breached

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.