Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete photos on my iPhone but still have them on my MacBook Air?

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and I am 1 gig short from using all the space on this device. I need to free up space so I am able to have more. I have iCloud, linked to and from my phone and Macbook Air. What I am wondering is, if there is a way where I can delete the photos on my phone but still have them on my Macbook?

Any help would be gratefully accepted, its to the point where I can't even take photos.

Thanks!

GM

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 7:57 PM

Before you delete he photos on your iPhone, follow the steps in the "Import to your Mac" section in:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then (to be sure) you can copy the photo folder on your Mac to another folder (or external drive). Now you can safely delete the photos on your iPhone to free up space.,

The other option is to use iCloud Photos. See the "Save space on your device" section (and others) in:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 7:57 PM in response to geogiamarlene

Before you delete he photos on your iPhone, follow the steps in the "Import to your Mac" section in:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then (to be sure) you can copy the photo folder on your Mac to another folder (or external drive). Now you can safely delete the photos on your iPhone to free up space.,

The other option is to use iCloud Photos. See the "Save space on your device" section (and others) in:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Can I delete photos on my iPhone but still have them on my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.