Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About activation lock

I bought ipad pro used from the store and they said that they have checked the device before they resale it, but after 5 6 month i try to erase everthing so that i can use it from start again now its lock, i tried my ID password but the device is not opening.

Then i went to the same store for help & they said that its asking some kind of number insted of ID, can i get any help with this device??

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 6:44 PM

What is the error message you see on your screen?

If the iPad is activation locked and you don't know the Apple ID or Password which was used to originally set up the iPad, you can't use it unless you can find the person who locked the iPad. Apple won't help you unless you are the original buyer (you're not) with the original purchase receipt clearly noting the iPad serial number, which you don't have.

If the iPad is disabled from not knowing the iPad Passcode, that will present another unique situation for you as the only way to get past that is to erase the iPad using your home computer with iTunes, BUT and this is a big BUT, you still need to know the Apple ID and Password that was used to set up the iPad, which you clearly don't know.

The bottom line is the store who sold you iPad did sell you a device which was properly prepared for a new user and you now own a useless device. They should make this right for you. We can't help with that.

See this link about Activation Lock --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

See this user tip I wrote about buying used iOS devices --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 6:44 PM in response to swaraj97

What is the error message you see on your screen?

If the iPad is activation locked and you don't know the Apple ID or Password which was used to originally set up the iPad, you can't use it unless you can find the person who locked the iPad. Apple won't help you unless you are the original buyer (you're not) with the original purchase receipt clearly noting the iPad serial number, which you don't have.

If the iPad is disabled from not knowing the iPad Passcode, that will present another unique situation for you as the only way to get past that is to erase the iPad using your home computer with iTunes, BUT and this is a big BUT, you still need to know the Apple ID and Password that was used to set up the iPad, which you clearly don't know.

The bottom line is the store who sold you iPad did sell you a device which was properly prepared for a new user and you now own a useless device. They should make this right for you. We can't help with that.

See this link about Activation Lock --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

See this user tip I wrote about buying used iOS devices --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

About activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.