Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrading ios 10.3 to ios 12

How can i upgrade my ipad 2 ios 10.3 to ios 12?

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 8:44 PM

Hello,

If your iPad will not update past 10 then you have an iPad (4th generation). This iPad model does not support any system version newer than 10. You cannot update your iPad any further. If you need to use an application that requires a newer system software version then you will need to purchase a newer iPad model.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 8:44 PM in response to noralaurejas

Hello,

If your iPad will not update past 10 then you have an iPad (4th generation). This iPad model does not support any system version newer than 10. You cannot update your iPad any further. If you need to use an application that requires a newer system software version then you will need to purchase a newer iPad model.

Jul 8, 2020 12:49 AM in response to noralaurejas

Nope.

This will never be possible.

Your iPad 2is an over 9-year old iPad, now.

It's internal hardware is too old and too underpowered to ugrade to any other iOS, but iOS 9.

Sorry, but that is just the way it is.

I wouldn't even bother with doing anything with this iPad, now!.

Here is why.

Tap and read my links below for my full and complete additional info about your iPad model.

"Sudden App Death” for Completely Res… - Apple Community

If you own OLD 8 and 9 Year Old iPad mo… - Apple Community

Time for a new, refurbished and much, MUCH “newer” ( read used ) iPad model.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

upgrading ios 10.3 to ios 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.