Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally tapped a series of unicorns that now show up FIRST in my list of emojis. How do I delete the unicorns so that the normal emoji list comes up?

I accidentally clicked the unicorn emoji and now when I pull up emojis I have about 10 unicorns preceding the normal list. Is there a way to delete those unicorn emojis?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 8:18 AM

The Frequently Used Emoji section in the iPhone's built-in Emoji keyboard can be reset to the default set by going to Settings app → General → Reset and tapping Reset Keyboard Dictionary.

Note: The command is not specifically meant to reset the Frequently Used Emoji list (rather it's the side effect), you'll end up resetting your custom dictionary. Also, all the downloaded dictionaries will be deleted. (Hence, you will no longer be able to quickly see the definition of a word by selecting it and tapping Look Up). Dictionaries can be easily re-downloaded by going to Settings app → General → Dictionary and tapping on desired dictionaries.

Thanks

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2020 8:18 AM in response to uNicorN0708

The Frequently Used Emoji section in the iPhone's built-in Emoji keyboard can be reset to the default set by going to Settings app → General → Reset and tapping Reset Keyboard Dictionary.

Note: The command is not specifically meant to reset the Frequently Used Emoji list (rather it's the side effect), you'll end up resetting your custom dictionary. Also, all the downloaded dictionaries will be deleted. (Hence, you will no longer be able to quickly see the definition of a word by selecting it and tapping Look Up). Dictionaries can be easily re-downloaded by going to Settings app → General → Dictionary and tapping on desired dictionaries.

Thanks

I accidentally tapped a series of unicorns that now show up FIRST in my list of emojis. How do I delete the unicorns so that the normal emoji list comes up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.