Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email recipients move to cc instead of remaining as a primary recipient

Why do primary recipients move to cc when replying to all? How is it possible that Apple has no understanding of how email etiquette works? CC means you are not obligated to respond or are included as an FYI. There could be more than one person expected to reply to an email and those would be kept in the primary recipient field. Many people filter CCs to a separate folder they check "when they have time", so they don't even see the message until they decide to check that folder. This makes it impossible for me to use your email app for business, even though every other feature is better than the competitor apps. I don't want to waste time shifting from one field to the other every time I reply.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 8:55 AM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2020 2:20 PM in response to chamoebian

Never heard of that email etiquette for CC:, but looked it up & I guess that is so, but being an old timer that was not it's original concept, which was to eliminate the need to Compose & send separately to each person... I wish somebody would tell me when things change! :D

Maybe there's a Reply to All etiquette??

Perhaps Forward & paste the recipients in the To: field?

PS, I never ever answer an email that has more than one addy in the To: or CC: fields, I hate for unapproved people to see or have my addy. :)

Email recipients move to cc instead of remaining as a primary recipient

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.