Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant i change my apple id to my alias apple id permanently?

How do i change my apple id to the apple alias id i created it is actually an icloud email i dont want the one being used now its my hotmail email?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 4:05 AM

As your current ID address is a non-Apple one you can change it either to your main @icloud.com address or to another non-Apple address (as long as that isn't associated with another Apple ID or hasn't been for at least 30 days).

You cannot change it to an 'email alias' - an additional address that you've created.

For the process, please see Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 4:05 AM in response to Kris10ann83

As your current ID address is a non-Apple one you can change it either to your main @icloud.com address or to another non-Apple address (as long as that isn't associated with another Apple ID or hasn't been for at least 30 days).

You cannot change it to an 'email alias' - an additional address that you've created.

For the process, please see Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Why cant i change my apple id to my alias apple id permanently?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.