Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music stopped working for a family sharing member

After successfully using Family Sharing with my wife and daughter, I added added my sister to the plan, and she is still going through set-up. However, my wife's Apple Music subscription through sharing has stopped working. Her iOS devices started saying that she was not logged-in with an Apple ID associated with an Apple Music subscription. I tried signing-in and out of Apple Music and iCloud to no avail. Then I removed her from the family sharing and added her back in again, and now while my Family sharing shows her profile, on her devices it is asking her to choose a plan for Apple Music.

I simply can't work out what to do now. Please help.

If it means removing my sister again - who is in a different market - we can do this, but I need my wife's access to Apple Music to work again.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Botswana

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 5:22 PM

Good afternoon DJShoes,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are trying to add your sister to your Family Sharing plan, but she is in a different "market." Do you mean she is in a different iTunes Store country or region? If so, she can't join your Family Sharing account.

Check to make sure your iTunes Store region for your Apple ID is still correct.

You, your wife, and your daughter should sign out of the iTunes & App Store (Settings > [Your Name] > iTunes & App Store) , quit the Music app, and restart your devices.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

When you all sign back in to the iTunes & App Store, the Family Sharing settings should be intact.

If the issue persists, you may need to disband your Family Sharing account and start over again with your wife and your daughter.

The resources below will help you with this:

Leave Family Sharing

"If you're the family organizer, you can remove members at any time or disband the family group completely."

Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing

Set up Family Sharing

Family Sharing

Change your Apple ID country or region - this is what we mean by a country or region.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 5:22 PM in response to DJShoes

Good afternoon DJShoes,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are trying to add your sister to your Family Sharing plan, but she is in a different "market." Do you mean she is in a different iTunes Store country or region? If so, she can't join your Family Sharing account.

Check to make sure your iTunes Store region for your Apple ID is still correct.

You, your wife, and your daughter should sign out of the iTunes & App Store (Settings > [Your Name] > iTunes & App Store) , quit the Music app, and restart your devices.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

When you all sign back in to the iTunes & App Store, the Family Sharing settings should be intact.

If the issue persists, you may need to disband your Family Sharing account and start over again with your wife and your daughter.

The resources below will help you with this:

Leave Family Sharing

"If you're the family organizer, you can remove members at any time or disband the family group completely."

Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing

Set up Family Sharing

Family Sharing

Change your Apple ID country or region - this is what we mean by a country or region.

Take care.

Jul 14, 2020 1:47 AM in response to MichelleT18

Hi Michelle

Thanks for the detailed response. I figured that adding my sister had triggered this.

After realising this, I initially managed to bumble through the steps above on my own, and things seemed to work. It then 'broke' again over the weekend. I went back to the beginning again, and things are - for the moment - working again.

That said, the iCloud Family Sharing component of the Settings/iCloud on iOS is very inconsistent and confusing. My iPad says Music sharing is 'On' and my iPhone says it is off! Very weird.

Anyway, I am hope I am not jinxing it by saying it is all working, but everything seems to be working.

Thank you and all the best,

Simon

Apple music stopped working for a family sharing member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.