Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multi users on a Mac

I need to add some software to my mac to allow me to log into the company network. Would a separate user account keep my main log in private. Id rather that I had a dedicated account just for this. Keeping all my private information away from anyone having access due to this new software.

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 5:34 AM

6 replies

Jul 9, 2020 5:54 AM in response to RobertAlonMonks

Aside from separating your personal and work accounts, what does the company require for your remote connectivity? Do they want you to use Citrix or Microsoft Remote Desktop? Their VPN? Do they require the unfortunate installation of anti-virus software on your Mac? Will you need to plug into the corporate Mail server using a required Mail client, or use their directory services? Will they want remote administrative access to your Mac, so they can push a corporate configuration profile on you? And more…

Multi users on a Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.