Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my phone backup?

why won't my iphone backup

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 7:43 AM

iTunes or iCloud? Back up your iOS or iPadOS device in iTunes on PC - Apple ...

Choose a backup method

Before you get started, learn the difference between iCloud backups and backups you make using your computer, then choose the method that's best for you. If you need an alternative backup, you can make one in iCloud and another using your computer.

Use iCloud

Use your computer

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 7:43 AM in response to zoë16

iTunes or iCloud? Back up your iOS or iPadOS device in iTunes on PC - Apple ...

Choose a backup method

Before you get started, learn the difference between iCloud backups and backups you make using your computer, then choose the method that's best for you. If you need an alternative backup, you can make one in iCloud and another using your computer.

Use iCloud

Use your computer

Jul 9, 2020 7:54 AM in response to zoë16

That simply means that 2.2 GB is not enough iCloud storage to hold a backup of your phone, which isn’t surprising.

You can also back up your phone to your computer—>How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

But you have just spent hundreds of dollars for a new phone. Can’t afford less than a dollar to transfer content to the new phone?

Jul 9, 2020 8:09 AM in response to zoë16

Click on this Apple support article—>Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You either back up to your computer, or you pay 99¢ for 50 GB of iCloud storage by going to Settings/[your name]/iCloud/Manage Storage - Change Storage plan and choose the 50 GB for 99¢. Then back up to iCloud.

I’ve already posted a link to backup instructions.

Why won't my phone backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.