Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

$9.99 Monthly Charge

For months I have been seeing a $9.99 charge on my credit card statements and just assumed someone else in our household was using my iTunes account for something. Upon investigation today I have discovered that it is for Apple Music. I have never used that nor do I have any interest in that.

I have always purchased any music I need for events via iTunes and hope I will always have access to what I have bought but I have no interest in streaming anything. I have not been able to cancel this today via the website or iTunes. How do I cancel this monthly charge that I have never used? THANKS in advance for the help!

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 10:00 AM

3 replies

Jul 9, 2020 10:05 AM in response to Denis266

It is possible that you, or someone using your account, started the Apple Music "free trial" and didn't cancel before the 90 days was up. If so it automatically converted to a paid subscription.

If you have a subscription, you will be charged, even if you don't use it. To view and cancel your subscriptions see here:

See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Cancelling a subscription does not generate a refund. If you feel there are extenuating circumstances that justify a refund, use this procedure: Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

$9.99 Monthly Charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.