Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC stuck on white screen on booting

HI

I created a bootable USB drive with MAC OS Catalina. The system booted fine from the USB drive. The problem I got is the following: after removing the USB drive, the MAC didn't boot as it did before from it's internal SSD drive. A white screen appears and it lasts several seconds before the system boots. Very annoying because before the system booted way much faster, without this white screen.

The MAC is running MAC OS Mojave 10.14.6

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 11:50 AM

Regardless of whether you believe in my suggestion, have you re-specified the startup disk?

There is no 'Magic Place' from which your Mac boots, and if the last-specified startup disk is not present, that will cause delays in starting, or possibly the blinking question mark at startup.

6 replies

Jul 9, 2020 11:40 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thank you vey much, Grant!

Maybe I wasn't specfic enough: the bootable USB drive with Catalina installed on it is no longer attached to my MAc Book. It was used just a few times for testing purposes. There is just one start up disk left: the internal SSD one. Before, my MAC booted in aproximately 15-20 seconds....Now just the white screen lasts longer as half a minute. It is not an eternity, however, but very annoying and I do not know what causes it.

MAC stuck on white screen on booting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.