Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Battery and Apple Trade-In

My Late 2016 MacBook Pro doesn’t charge or hold a charge. It works as normal when plugged in but the battery remains at 1% and the computer turns off the second the power cord is removed, as if it were a desktop.

My question is, would it still be valid for a trade in? The question asked during the trade in process is “Does it turn on and does the operating system load properly?” My MacBook does both of those as long as it’s attached to power.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 12:50 PM

mooseyofficial:

"MacBook Pro Battery and Apple Trade-In: [...]Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?"

-------

Replacing the Battery:

I took mine to a local retailer and got a new battery. Once replaced it successfully charged. I then sold it. That got me more money than I would have gotten for a trade-in. Trading it in, I was told I would only to get around $100 for it - GMAB - a small amount. Subtract $100 from the money I got for the Mac - and it is a boatload.

Go Here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 12:50 PM in response to mooseyofficial

mooseyofficial:

"MacBook Pro Battery and Apple Trade-In: [...]Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?"

-------

Replacing the Battery:

I took mine to a local retailer and got a new battery. Once replaced it successfully charged. I then sold it. That got me more money than I would have gotten for a trade-in. Trading it in, I was told I would only to get around $100 for it - GMAB - a small amount. Subtract $100 from the money I got for the Mac - and it is a boatload.

Go Here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support

MacBook Pro Battery and Apple Trade-In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.