Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore an app and data?

I deleted an app by accident and want to get the app and data restored on my iPad. How can I do this? Thanks!

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 2:58 PM

If you have deleted an App from your iPad, the corresponding data will also have been deleted. The App can be reinstalled from the Apple App Store - unless for some reason it has been withdrawn by the respective App Developer.

If you have a current iCloud or iTunes backup of your iPad, taken before the App was deleted (and not overwritten since), you may be able to recover data associated with the previously deleted App - but be mindful that you cannot selectively restore App data; it’s all or nothing. In restoring your iPad to an earlier time, newer data might also be lost

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 2:58 PM in response to SomeJersey

If you have deleted an App from your iPad, the corresponding data will also have been deleted. The App can be reinstalled from the Apple App Store - unless for some reason it has been withdrawn by the respective App Developer.

If you have a current iCloud or iTunes backup of your iPad, taken before the App was deleted (and not overwritten since), you may be able to recover data associated with the previously deleted App - but be mindful that you cannot selectively restore App data; it’s all or nothing. In restoring your iPad to an earlier time, newer data might also be lost

How to restore an app and data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.