Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erasing iphone with a broken touch screen

I need to erase and reset my old iphone but the touch screen is broken, is there any other way to do this?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 8:50 PM

emilybettio98 Said:

"Erasing iphone with a broken touch screen: I need to erase and reset my old iphone but the touch screen is broken, is there any other way to do this?"

-------

I. Go Here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Factory Settings - Apple Support

Plug your old iPhone into your Mac. See if this does anything for you.

II. Contact Apple Support:

If that is of no option, contact Apple. See what your option are. Note that this is a user-to-user forum - you are not speaking with Apple here. To contact them, refer to the following:

Phone Support Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

III. Send-In Service:

Normally, you'd take this to an Apple Store, but with many closed at the moment, send-in service might be an option for you, despite it being an iPhone 7.

How it would work:

1. They’d: ship you a box
  2. You’d: ship it back
  3. They’d: look at it
  4. You’d: get a new one, if approved.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 8:50 PM in response to emilybettio98

emilybettio98 Said:

"Erasing iphone with a broken touch screen: I need to erase and reset my old iphone but the touch screen is broken, is there any other way to do this?"

-------

I. Go Here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Factory Settings - Apple Support

Plug your old iPhone into your Mac. See if this does anything for you.

II. Contact Apple Support:

If that is of no option, contact Apple. See what your option are. Note that this is a user-to-user forum - you are not speaking with Apple here. To contact them, refer to the following:

Phone Support Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

III. Send-In Service:

Normally, you'd take this to an Apple Store, but with many closed at the moment, send-in service might be an option for you, despite it being an iPhone 7.

How it would work:

1. They’d: ship you a box
  2. You’d: ship it back
  3. They’d: look at it
  4. You’d: get a new one, if approved.

Erasing iphone with a broken touch screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.