You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to: Download itunes to my pc desktop

Can I download iTunes to my desktop pc easily?

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 10:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 5:34 AM

Yes.

Go to this page; iTunes - Apple where, if you are usign Windows 10, you can choose whether to use the version from the Microsoft App Store (Get it from Microsoft) or if you scroll down the page, you will see a heading Looking for other versions? Under that heading is the version of iTunes direct from Apple.

The basic difference (as far as I know) between the two sources is:

• Microsoft - iTunes updates automatically, without the need for you to do anything
  • Apple - you have to click on Help/Check for Updates and then follow the prompt to download the update

However, the Microsoft copy does appear to suffer from one or two issues. I leave the choice up to you.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2020 5:34 AM in response to lumiel

Yes.

Go to this page; iTunes - Apple where, if you are usign Windows 10, you can choose whether to use the version from the Microsoft App Store (Get it from Microsoft) or if you scroll down the page, you will see a heading Looking for other versions? Under that heading is the version of iTunes direct from Apple.

The basic difference (as far as I know) between the two sources is:

• Microsoft - iTunes updates automatically, without the need for you to do anything
  • Apple - you have to click on Help/Check for Updates and then follow the prompt to download the update

However, the Microsoft copy does appear to suffer from one or two issues. I leave the choice up to you.

Jul 10, 2020 10:53 AM in response to the fiend

I followed your directions and chose the Apple method. It all worked! I am so grateful,

and since this is the first time I'm using the Apple community, what a great experience to have

success the first time!

I owned a Mac for a few years back until my MacBook was stolen, and since then I've been using a

pc, but I have a strong preference for Apple et. al. and avoid Microsoft most of the time, even though

I'm using Word and Excel. I am over the moon about this experience, and thank you so much!!

How to: Download itunes to my pc desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.