Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to open airplay on my macbook air

I want to use my i pad as secondary display with my MacBook but i can't because i am not able to open airplay in my MacBook. please give me some suggestion.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 12:56 AM

1. AirPlay will not activate unless you have an AirPlay compatible device on the same WiFi Network.
  2. You cannot AirPlay between an iPad, MacBook or an iPhone. You can Airplay to an Apple TV device or an AirPlay compatible television.
  3. What you are talking about in your post is called the SideCar feature where you extend your MacBook Air's screen to an iPad. The catch here is that only certain iPads and MacBooks work with this feature. Please see this link for more information ➔ SideCar System Requirements.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 12:56 AM in response to Ninadb

1. AirPlay will not activate unless you have an AirPlay compatible device on the same WiFi Network.
  2. You cannot AirPlay between an iPad, MacBook or an iPhone. You can Airplay to an Apple TV device or an AirPlay compatible television.
  3. What you are talking about in your post is called the SideCar feature where you extend your MacBook Air's screen to an iPad. The catch here is that only certain iPads and MacBooks work with this feature. Please see this link for more information ➔ SideCar System Requirements.

Axel F.

I am not able to open airplay on my macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.