Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to simultaneously screen mirror and either screen record or broadcast on ipad (no computer)

During COVID, I have students who are staying at home, and students who are coming in. I need to be able to broadcast my screen-mirrored lesson via Zoom/ Meet to those at home while still being able to screen mirror. My venue does not have a computer and cannot accommodate one, as the Apple TV is connected directly to the projector up on the ceiling and there is no HDMI cable for a computer. I have an iPad Pro.

This seems such an obvious thing to be able to do with Apple, given its strong education focus, yet at the moment you can only do one of those - screen record the lesson beforehand and then just play it in the lesson (what's the point of students coming in then?), or give the lesson and then screen record it again afterwards (duplication of work).

If I had access to a computer to act as an intermediary, it would be fine - Zoom/ Meet from the computer, which is set up to project, and use the iPad to share content to the call. Unfortunately, that's not an option. Anyone have another workaround? (And c'mon Apple - please get your stuff together on this one!)

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 11:05 AM

You can connect the iPad to a macOS or Windows device running Zoom with the iPad/iPhone utility. If the computer is a macOS device, you can then Airplay that screen to the Apple TV. I do this regularly. In the meeting, I choose "Share Screen" and share the iPad screen over a cable (you can use Airplay as well). Then I Airplay to my Apple TV put that window on the Airplay screen. I have not tried with screen recording, but I can try it today.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 11:05 AM in response to nimming2

You can connect the iPad to a macOS or Windows device running Zoom with the iPad/iPhone utility. If the computer is a macOS device, you can then Airplay that screen to the Apple TV. I do this regularly. In the meeting, I choose "Share Screen" and share the iPad screen over a cable (you can use Airplay as well). Then I Airplay to my Apple TV put that window on the Airplay screen. I have not tried with screen recording, but I can try it today.

How to simultaneously screen mirror and either screen record or broadcast on ipad (no computer)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.