Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying up

I am thinking of exchanging my air macbook 13" air for an IPAD pro 3rd generation. I study at University and do drawing classes. My drawing teacher said that the 12.9" Ipad Pro is what I should be using for drawing. I'm wondering if the Ipad Pro will be something that will be easy to study with ??

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 10:58 PM

No, they do not give discounts for buying more than one device.

And, the iPad Pro is great for drawing, but I would recommend that you go into a store and actually use one - try it out. They are wonderful, but they are not computers, so you best check to see if it will be suitable for whatever else you need to do. I would not give up my computer, but I also have an iPad which I use for art, reading books, and streaming movies to the big screen TV.

Oh, and the trade in program for computers is administered by third party companies and their final offer may not be the same as the initial estimate. Take photos of your device's condition before mailing it in just in case there is a problem with shipping. You are better off selling it yourself.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 10:58 PM in response to annefromsouth fremantle

No, they do not give discounts for buying more than one device.

And, the iPad Pro is great for drawing, but I would recommend that you go into a store and actually use one - try it out. They are wonderful, but they are not computers, so you best check to see if it will be suitable for whatever else you need to do. I would not give up my computer, but I also have an iPad which I use for art, reading books, and streaming movies to the big screen TV.

Oh, and the trade in program for computers is administered by third party companies and their final offer may not be the same as the initial estimate. Take photos of your device's condition before mailing it in just in case there is a problem with shipping. You are better off selling it yourself.

Jul 10, 2020 10:35 PM in response to annefromsouth fremantle

QuickPost,

Thank you kindly for your post. I will give you all details.

I study part time at University and study drawing skills. My lecturer saod to me that an Ipad pro 12-9" will be what I need for more efficient work on my drawing skills.

I know very little on computers.

Apple shops said that they will give me up to $300 for my macbook

if I swap my macbook13" bought in 2017) for an Ipad Pro

Will it have the space and skills for me to do my drawing classes and also my University studies?

Is it an efficient way to go so I can have all work on one ipad?

Buying up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.