Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change to a child account on a new iPod Touch?

how do I change to a child account on a new ipod? I set it up and it mirrored my phone instead of creating a new id for ipod

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 9:08 PM

Hello,

An Apple ID is meant for just 1 person’s devices meaning that you should not be sharing an Apple ID with their device. Checkout this Apple Support document on how to setup their own Apple ID. You would then restore the device to factory settings and set it back up with their Apple ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 9:08 PM in response to Lgolio

Hello,

An Apple ID is meant for just 1 person’s devices meaning that you should not be sharing an Apple ID with their device. Checkout this Apple Support document on how to setup their own Apple ID. You would then restore the device to factory settings and set it back up with their Apple ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I change to a child account on a new iPod Touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.